Do you have a clear and up-to-date driver’s abstract? Are you available to start right away? Are you looking for a position in Saskatoon? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Work as a driver delivering building materials to customers at their construction sites. Be dedicated to our customers by doing physical labor in a safe and careful manner as part of a team. Industry experience is not necessary but is appreciated. A clear driver’s abstract is required for this role.
Job Duties include:
-Loading the delivery vehicle from a staging area
-Delivering to residential locations
-Delivering to commercial locations
-heavy lifting 1 year (preferred)
-driving/delivery: 1 year (preferred)
TRAINING & SAFETY:
– Prior experience in a warehouse setting.
– Ongoing training for safety and job duties is provided.
– Protective clothing and equipment are provided as is image wear.
– Allowances are paid for purchasing jeans and steel-toed boots for this job.
Upon employment, the below benefits are what you get.
– Group Benefits – NO WAITING PERIOD!
– Employee & Family Assistance Program
– Employee image wear
– Jean & boot allowances
– Fun staff events
After three (3) months:
– Employee purchase discounts
– Fitness allowance
After one (1) year:
– Company pension plan
– Employee Profit Sharing Program
– Service anniversary gift
– Dental Care
– Disability Insurance
– Employee Assistance Program
– Extended Health Care
– Life Insurance
– On-site Parking
– RRSP Match
– Store Discount
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Vision Care
And more …
– Career development opportunities
– Corporate-sponsored training
The driver leads the team delivering building materials to customers’ construction sites. The driver and the team unload the materials by hand and, at times, with equipment, such as:
– articulated truck-mounted booms
– specialized carts
The team must ensure the materials aren’t damaged during the delivery and that each customer is satisfied with the materials and service provided. The driver leads the team in safety, encouraging and demonstrating safe practices and company policies and procedures.
Those offered the job must:
-Have a current Class 1 or Class 3 license
-Consent to and pass pre-employment drug testing
-Provide a clean driver abstract (must be insurable)
-Be ready for physical labor
-Repeatedly lift and carry heavy building materials (as much as 100 pounds or more)
-Arrive at work on schedule and fit for duty
-Be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
SKILLS: Driving Skills
– Interest in doing physical labor
– Demonstrated endurance – capable of lifting and carrying repeatedly
– Complete tasks in a safe manner
– Follow directions and procedures related to safety
– Ask questions to increase personal understanding
– Be aware of and alert to hazards and respond appropriately
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS
– Good communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
– Dedicated to satisfying customer needs
– Enjoy teamwork
– Present a tidy and professional appearance
– Effectively manage time
– Notice and attend to details
– Produce quality work with minimal supervision
– Remain alert and responsive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
– Desire to build a career.
– Want to take on new responsibilities, and learn new skills
– Email your resume to [email protected] *** Be sure to include the title of this job ad in the subject line