A Brand Specialist is a professional that provides general and in-depth marketing expertise, brand analysis, and solutions that help in attaining business goals and objectives. Research, design, and strategy are key in the work of a Brand Specialist.
Amazon Canada is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hard-working, analytical and creative brand specialist to join our Hardlines team. You will work directly with strategic vendor partners to develop and manage their business, acting as a liaison and executing joint business plans that improve value, selection and convenience across their business portfolio.
The Brand Specialist position offers an exciting introduction to our on-line retail business and a broad training ground for future success. This role will work directly with strategic and large vendors to grow their business through various levers including merchandising/marketing, new product launches, pricing, inventory management, and supply chain optimization. The Brand Specialist will also work with multiple internal teams and management as they grow and improve their vendor’s success at Amazon. This role is for experienced brand managers with the ability to think strategically and act tactically.
The Brand Specialist role will be responsible for the following:
- Acting as the ‘business owner’ for their vendors, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business
- Owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on vendor, along with responsibility for driving strategic supply chain projects and promotions to achieve business objectives
- Proactively negotiating costs, promotional opportunities, and other business inputs for the vendor — autonomously
- Conducting pricing and ROI analysis and making recommendations for initiatives that optimize profit margin
- Managing Purchase Orders and In-Stock analysis for the strategic brands
- Optimizing the online presence and content of each product on the brand’s portfolio
- Developing and executing marketing plans in order to drive awareness and purchases for the brand
- Driving cross-category initiatives to improve operational process and deliver results
The role offers a unique opportunity to work at the most innovative online retailer and to develop strong functional skills in online merchandising/ marketing, buying, planning and forecasting, pricing, and business analysis. Brand Specialist roles are in the General Management career path at Amazon and offer opportunity for greater responsibility and advancement into a variety of roles including Merchandising, Vendor Management and Inventory Management.
- Supply chain, strategy, brand management or finance background Excellent presentation, organization and account management skills
- Strong database and computer skills
- Experience creating, iterating, and improving end-to-end supply chain
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives influencing on competing priorities
- Experience with business analysis and P&L management
- A background (2+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
- Experience using Excel to analyze data to support business decisions
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done